Today’s inspiration: 30 marathon races Within 30 days With a refrigerator in your back.
In this week’s interview, Tony the Fridge () is not afraid to tell the world that they can beat cancer and depression.
Tony is an award winner, world record holder, extreme endurance athlete and ultra runner. Carrying a 42kg Smeg fridge is best known for making impossible journeys. Some of his achievements include:
- Running the entire length of Great Britain in 40 days
- Complete The Great North Run 30 times in 30 days
- Running 67.1 miles in 24 hours
- Running 44 miles in 12 hours on a treadmill
- Carrying a 42 kg Smeg fridge to complete more than 50 marathons and half marathons over 2400 miles
Listen to Tony share some incredibly personal anecdotes of his childhood abuse, battling depression and a suicide attempt that led him on his quest to run across America with a refrigerator on his back.
Tony also asked me to ask about “fitness hacks” because he insisted that there was no easy way out.
This is truly an inspirational interview and you will not want to miss it if you are looking for inspiration to get out of bed every morning, start that project or go in search of your epic.
Some of our favorite quotes from the interview:
- “I don’t think running is a sport, it’s our purpose. We are designed to run and hunt, this is what has been done for this species. We weren’t supposed to sit still. “
- “When I look back on the hardest journeys of my life, those are the journeys you look back on.”
- “There’s no easy way out for anything, and the hardest, hardest way is what thrills me when I look back at them.”
- “We must never forget how magical life is. How impressive and amazing that we came from a single spot and we became this great machine with such unlimited power. “
- “The fridge represents the burden of cancer. I want to pay tribute to their lives through an impossible journey, so I am going to run a half marathon every day for the next 30 days, and every step I take is to pay tribute to people with cancer. “
Want to get involved and help Tony fight cancer? http: //www.justgiving.
Mentioned books, music and movies:
Think by Napoleon Hill and get rich
Extremely loud and incredibly close
Earl Nightingale’s The Strongest Secret
Get it directly on your Android on your iPhone or Stitcher on iTunes!