Many people search online How to register a domain name in Sri Lanka.
With growing demand in Sri Lanka for Internet-based business services and broadband usage increasing from 90,000 to 4 million subscriptions in the last 8 years, according to ICANN, the Internet is creating more opportunities in Sri Lanka’s ICT sector, now 5M The biggest revenue earner in the country’s economy.
The introduction of the Internationalized Domain Name (IDN), a domain name available in Sri Lankan native languages and scripts in more languages such as Sinhala and Tamil, leads to greater accessibility for non-English speakers and more local business and personal website options for Sri Lankans. .
Therefore, every Sri Lankan should register a domain and start a blog because that is the future.
So, in this guide, I will show you the steps to search and purchase domain name very easily at affordable price. You will learn not only how to find and acquire a domain but also how to install WordPress and create a blog site.
Blogging is one of the best ways for anyone in Sri Lanka to get started online with very little investment – you can buy a .com domain for just 5.99. Knowing how the world is going online and how to create an online platform helps in many ways to further prosperity in difficult economic times.
I have written the most in-depth guide on how to make money online in Sri Lanka. Read this and you know why I mentioned blogging as my top choice.
Why do you need a domain name in Sri Lanka?
Starting a blog or any online journey starts with a domain name. This is your virtual property on which you can build any kind of business you want. In countries like Sri Lanka, where the web property market is not yet very competitive, especially with low IDN in Sinhala or Tamil, it offers great online career and job opportunities that should be used by any Sri Lankan who can use a computer and navigate through it. Can Internet.
Should you buy a domain name as a Sri Lankan?
- Are you looking to create a blog?
- Do you want global traffic from other countries?
- Are you going to create a local business website?
- Even if you start a local business website in Sri Lanka, are you planning to go global in the future?
If the answer for 1st and 2nd point is yes, then get a .com domain name which you can get at https://www.seekahost.app/cheap-com-domain-registration/ at lowest price. Dotcom domains are the most trusted domain extensions worldwide for commercial websites and are therefore recommended for international business websites.
If the answer is yes for the 3rd point, then get a .lk domain at nic.lk ** I know the site is slow and not the best for buying a domain name. However, so far this is your only option to get a .lk domain name in Sri Lanka.
If the answer is yes to the 4th point, get a .com domain name because .com domains are best for ranking in any country in Google search results, and with SeekaHost you can register your dot com domain for as low as 5.99.
If you would like more help registering a domain name in Sri Lanka, contact me or book a call back with one of our domain name registration experts at SeekaHost. We can advise you about the best option for you.
Once you’ve found the domain name of your choice, you can easily use the 1-Click WordPress Installer to host and get online faster.
Now let’s look at 5 steps to register a domain name in Sri Lanka:
- See https://www.seekahost.app/buy-domain-name/
- Search for domain names and you’ll land at https://www.seekahost.app/domain-name-search/
- Select the domain name and add it to the cart.
- If you are new to SeekaHost.app at https://portal.seekahost.app/ then proceed to sign in or sign up
- Enter your details and buy a domain name.
Once purchased, you will see the domain name inside the portal under the Domains tab.
Now you know how easy it is to buy a domain name in Sri Lanka with SeekaHost on SeekaPanel.
SeekaPanel is the world’s easiest to use WordPress hosting manager tool built with Focus to help anyone easily buy a domain and web hosting. Not only is this easy but it is also cheaper than most domain registrars and hosting service providers on the market.
What can you do with SeekaHost WP Hosting Manager?
- You can register most domains
- You can install WordPress on your domain
- You can buy multiple categories of unique IP hosting for blogs or websites
- You can get DNS records
- You can check the website analysis data
- You can install or delete your site or upgrade / downgrade the hosting plan
- You can move your website from one host to another for free with a panel of technical support or tutorials on how to do it yourself in the knowledgebase.
- You can manage and access all your websites in a single interface.
- You can change or cancel plans, add more domains, talk to customer support in live chat, and find resources in the knowledgebase.
- You can access resources to help with website creation, blogging or even SEO and online marketing.
Let us now look at the steps to use Cicapanel.
Follow the steps below to host your domain name and create a blog site in Sri Lanka
- First, you can visit https://www.seekahost.app/
2. Sign up and create a new account https://portal.seekahost.app/register
3. Then login to your account at https://portal.seekahost.app/login
4. Register a domain name for your blog site
5. Buy a WordPress Blog Hosting Plan:
Or a personal blog hosting plan at https://portal.seekahost.app/pbn-hosting with multiple IP class hosting to create a personal blog network.
6. You are ready to host your domain by installing WordPress on your domain name with 1-Click WordPress Installer.
7. Once WordPress is installed, change the name server if you have the domain registered in another registry.
8. Enable free SSL certificate and your domain will be secure and SEO friendly.
9. Go to the login page of your WordPress site by clicking on the site login link in your email notification.
10. Use the username and password you sent to access the WordPress dashboard.
11. Start creating your blog site and continue blogging. You can learn all this by watching the video of James below on SeekaHost. The video will show you step by step everything about how to create a blog as I explained above.
If you need more guidance on how to start a website or blog with WordPress, you can find lots of tutorials on SeekaPanel Knowledgebase or SeekaHost YouTube channel.
We’ve created a comprehensive guide with our experts:
How To Build A Website From Scratch: The Ultimate Guide To Creating A Website | SeekaHost
And if you are interested in learning more about blog monetization strategies and online marketing as well as SEO, which is vital to making your website or blog profitable, visit our SeekaHost University and sign up for a free online course.
Good luck with your online venture in Sri Lanka!